NIKON Z8 INTRODUCED.
THE SMALLER BROTHER OF THE NIKON Z9.
May 10, 2023.
Today, Nikon introduced the new Z8 camera, which is essentially the smaller brother of the Nikon Z9. Like Z9, the Z8 is primarily intended for photographing moving objects, fast continuous photographing, etc. All this without a mechanical shutter. As in the Z9 in the Z8 the "electronic shutter" is already so fast, that it can also be used when photographing with flash or to capture fast-moving objects without unwanted distortions. That is, in situations where it was previously necessary to use a mechanical shutter. In order to be able to read the image data at the required speed, to put it very simply, some of the electronic components are moved from the main board of the camera directly to the image sensor.
Here is a quick overview of the basic information:
- Image sensor 36 x 24 mm with 45.7 Mpx resolution (in total 52.4 Mpx), no AA (OLP) filter.
- Image sensor stabilization in 5 axes.
- Only the so-called "electronic shutter" with exposure times of 1/32000 second - 15 minutes, Bulb and Time modes.
- The shortest exposure time when photographing with a flash is 1/250 second, with high-speed synchronization up to 1/8000 second.
- A protective shield protects the sensor from dust when changing lenses.
- Durable body construction with the ability to photograph down to -10°C.
- Rear monitor movable in four directions.
- Saving photographs in 14-bit RAW lossless or lossy compressed and JPG formats.
- Memory cards CFexpress (type B) and SD.
- Viewfinder with a resolution of 3.69 million dots, 100% image field view, magnification approximately 0.8x.
- Continuous photographing 20 frames per second, in HS mode up to 120 frames per second.
- Sensor sensitivity ISO 64 – 25 600 with the possibility of expansion up to ISO 32 – 102 400.
- Autofocus with 493 focus points, -7 to +19 EV (-9 to +19 EV in astrophotography mode).
- EN-EL 15c battery, two batteries can be used with the Nikon MB-N12 vertical grip.
- Body dimensions 144 x 118.5 x 83 mm, weight 820 g, with battery and memory card 910 g.
- Price 4599 € incl. VAT (Germany), $3997 (USA).
© Martin Mojzis, 2023.
Photographs: © Nikon, 2023.
►To the beginning of the article.
►Overview of all articles.